Friday, May 20, 2011

IHopeYouFallDown3FlightsOfStairs

I hope you step barefoot on a Lego block.

The first time I saw you
I thought to myself…DAMN
I bet you’ve broken more necks walking down the street
Than in every Metal Gear Solid game.
And God would convert religions
Just to follow whoever was able to think you into existence.
You are that beautiful.

See…I wanted to treat you perfectly.
Love you like it was the only thing
I ever learned correctly
Because the way I fell for you was a crash course in physics.

And I’m tempted to ask how you have the nerve
To be so gorgeous and make even the pages of magazines feel insecure.
Or maybe that’s just me.

I swear to God, I thought about marrying you.

And then everything changed.

So to the guy you replaced me with
If I ever meet you in person…I’m sorry
Just in case I can’t resist the urge to punch you in the face.
But I probably will.
Just blame it on her.

But sometimes, I pray that I could put everything
I feel about you in a box
Just so I can leave it inside a burning house…
During Armageddon.
Or wish I had Alzheimer’s
Just so I could forget about you for once.
And that you’d run out of memories
To pay rent with and finally get out of my head.
Because I always find ways to find pieces of you
In every song that I listen to.

See, I don’t really know how to put this into words
And believe me I’ve tried.
And too often my voice fails me
When I remember how I used to breathe your every thought
Like they were oxygen molecules in a space station.
But I have one last thing I wanted to say to you.



I hate you.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.