Saturday, September 26, 2009

TeachMe

There's so many things we take for granted.
Everyday problems like war and famine.
But have you ever taken the time to stop?
Just think about it all, drop by drop...

Every single fact about the world today
That combine to make it the world today.
I live on this planet the only way I know how.
Each lesson that has made me who I am now.

I have too much respect for women,
because that's how my mom taught me.
I am a hopeless romantic,
because that's how Shakespeare taught me.

I write love songs and dance,
because that's how boy bands taught me.
I actually have a sensitive side,
because that's how females taught me.

I taste the rainbow
because that's how Disney taught me.
Look at Mulan, Pocahontas, Jasmine and Snow White,
because that's how Disney taught me.

I'm a tad too nice when it counts,
because that's how family taught me.
I'm a bit of an asshole,
because that's how reality taught me.

I'm damn proud of my heritage,
because that's how my culture taught me.
I really like animals,
Because that's how my aunt taught me.

I actually care about the Earth,
because that's how the Discovery Channel taught me.
I cherish knowledge,
because that's how my teachers taught me.

I put my faith in one God,
because that's how religion taught me.
I keep an open mind,
because that's how fate taught me.

I dare to dream past the clouds,
because that's how hope taught me.
I think outside the box,
because that's how art taught me.

I speak words to microphones,
because that's how pop culture taught me.
I express myself through poetry,
because it's the only way I know how.

And I live my life the way I do,
because it's the only way I know how.
And all these lessons have combined
To turn me into the person before you.

And I'll keep on doing it,
because that's how I taught me.
And I'll be damned if I do it any other way.
But I'm still empty.
So teach me.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.