Saturday, September 26, 2009

YouBringOutTheCynicalAssholeInMe

You bring out the cynical asshole in me.
The "What the fuck were you thinking?",
The "Personality doesn't count for shit.". The "You're so retarded."
The "I'd give that around a 3."
The "Why are you going out with THAT!?"
The "They're so ugly, go put their head in a paper bag." in me

You bring out the cynical asshole in me.
The sneering figure in the shadows, in me.
The suppressed chuckling at the very mention of the
word love at any moment, in me.
The heartless bastard spreading heartbreak slogans,
Kanye West CD's and cynical poetry, in me.
The eyes wide shut clenching of fists.

Possibly...
You bring out the cynical asshole in me.
The disbelief presenting the ignorance and the insults
leading to carelessness about human emotions, in me.
The douche bag who just doesn't care, in me.
The dislike of romantic prose, plays and songs, in me.
The stone cold glare at passers by.

I think...I think that...
You bring out the cynical asshole in me.
The scoffs, coughs and head shakes due to
the rejection of human sentience, in me.
The disregard for kindness mixed with scorn, in me.
The desensitization of infatuation in me.
The skepticism of emotional warmth.

Maybe...
You bring out the cynical asshole in me.
The questions and the denial of every answer because I
hold contempt for every other living being, in me.
The misanthropic analyzer of every possible outcome
of even the smallest relationship, in me.
The suspicion of the human ability to love.

It might be you...
You bring out the cynical asshole in me.
The suffering from disastrous attempts
then retreating to the safety within myself, in me.
The fear in the opposite sex and as
a result distancing myself even further away, in me.
The disregard and the lack of emotion.

I think maybe, just maybe...
You bring out the cynical asshole in me.
The disbelief of the concept of true love like the kinds
you always see in every Disney movies, in me.
The fear of taking risks and simply playing it safe, in me.
The steady diver in the highest diving board, in me.
The mocking of sensuality...

But even if that all changes...you cannot change me back.
Even if you were Superman and I was Lois Lane...
I'm trapped in a kryptonite cage under depths of kryptonite water.
You cannot save me.

But if another were to rescue me from the abyss.
I could not thank them. I am broken.
I am the pieces of debris scattered all over the pavement.
The result of an accident that has been seventeen years in the making.
Just to be glued back together in a macabre likeness of sensitivity.
I am indifferent.
And all YOU do...is bring out the cynical asshole in me.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.