Saturday, September 26, 2009

SickAndTired

You see...
I'm tired of waiting for that perfect girl to stroll into my life.
I'm sick of daydreaming about meeting my future wife.
I'm tired of spending my life in a corner, staring at the door.
I'm sick of looking at a girl and wishing there was more.

I'm sick of being nice, when girls like jerks.
But they always say they like nice guys...with a smirk.
But when was the last time you saw one of these girls with a nice guy?
Am I right? Or am I in for another damn lie?

I'm sick of being so damn shy.
I'm tired of messaging you and being anxious for the reply.
I'm sick of not being able to walk up to you and start a conversation.
I'm tired of being defined by procrastination.

I'm tired of having standards.........that's about it.
I'm sick of trying to be deep and write profound shit.
I'm sick of trying to come up with quick compliments.
I'm tired of sweet talking my way to prominence.

I'm tired of seeing cute girls with ugly guys.
I'm sick of inner beauty and how it's not visible to eyes.
I have a whole lot of that, but it seems a waste to try.
I'm tired of these nice girls always passing me by.

I'm sick of girls saying "It's not the right time."
I'm tired of writing poems on cheesy cards asking "Will you be mine?"
I'm sick of Hallmark holidays like Valentine's Day.
I'm sick of having you on my mind every damn day.

I'm tired of looking at romance like a pipe dream.
I'm sick of thinking I need love to know what life means.
I'm tired of dreaming of the bogeyman as Cupid.
I'm sick of worrying about girls when I'm still stupid.

I'm tired of thinking I need to be perfect. I am what I am.
I'm sick of trying to do everything, but I do what I can.
I'm sick of wearing my heart on my sleeve when it's all frayed.
I'm tired of patching over the damage with a band-aid.

I'm tired of writing love poems, again and again.
Crafting each syllable with my mind and my pen.
Wishing She would read it, but I don't think it'll happen.
So I'm done with the love rapping and the lip flapping.

No more talking about rainbows and the pitter patter of rain on rooftops.
Fuck that. I'm sick and tired of reading poetry in bookshops!
I'm tired of expressing my "feelings" through something that only makes sense to ME.
I'm sick of giving voice to the words of my unheard poetry.

I'm tired of trying to make you see how I feel about you...through words.
I'm sick and tired of the way this world turns.
I'm sick of seeking understanding through a medium that nobody can see.
I'm sick and tired of being me...
But what else can I do?

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.