Friday, October 23, 2009

IWishIHadSuperPowers

Everyday I wish I had superpowers.
Seeing everything that goes wrong around me, I keep dreaming I could do something about it even if it’s something tiny like what Jasper does in Twilight. But it never comes true.
So every year, I’m stuck hoping that something goes awfully right in the next 365 days of the year that would lead to some sort of accident…just so I get super powers. Last year, as I was writing my New Year’s Resolutions I even put in “Gain the superpower to control time through some freak accident involving a giant hourglass filled with dangerous chemicals being used to be tested on animals, which broke and spilled all over me because I broke in, in order to stop animal abuse.” And that is a direct quote, posted January 7, 2009 on Facebook.

But unfortunately for me, I can’t find any companies that fill those requirements. And I’m not sure what radioactive waste would actually do to me, or if they even have any. So for now, I’ll just leave that type of thing to the writers of comic books and the developers of video games because a few days ago, I found my own superpower.

Now I know it’s nothing awesome like being able to fly, teleport, or having super human strength. But this is one thing that I was born to do, just as much as Jon and Kate’s eight kids were made so that they could have a TV show.
My super power is the ability to love you more than any other person can and I didn’t need Captain America’s Super Soldier Serum or Wolverine’s Weapon X program to do it.
And I'm fine with that. And I get superpowers just being close to you, so what’s there to complain about?
You do to me, the opposite of what kryptonite does to Clark Kent.
Your touch does to me what it does to a Wonder Twin, and when you hug me, I feel like I’m enveloped in Tony Starks’ armor. Your words build me up like a robot…I’m Astro Boy and I have machine guns…in my butt?

If I had millions and millions of dollars, I would spend it all on you. Because you are my Batcave, the shelter I seek away from prying eyes and foes seeking to do me in. You are every gadget Batman could ever afford, because with you, I can do anything. You're the reason I'm getting somewhere like my Batmobile, with the way you motivate and inspire me to do better. You act as my Bat-signal, bringing me back to reality from whatever I'm doing. Just like a utility belt, you're always there for me when I need you and unlike Batman's utility belt, you always stay the same no matter what the situation and I like it that way. But you're the opposite of a Batarang, because you're something I could never throw away...and who knows if you'd come back or not.
Now I’m daydreaming into the future wishing I could put a ring on your finger…like the power ring the Green Lantern has. That way I would know you were always safe because c’mon…nobody’s going to mess with the Green Lantern.

And if you were ever hurt, or if there was a tear rolling down your left cheek…I would Hulk out on the inside. If I could, I would turn into Rogue just so I could siphon all the hurt from you into myself so that you could be nothing less than happy.
You make me wish I was Mr. Fantastic, not because he has Jessica Alba, but just so that each time you would call me, I would feel like I’m doing something right…Hey, I’m fantastic aren’t I?

You see, without you I’m Daredevil without the superhuman senses, I’m Galactus if he lost his appetite, I’m Cyclops without eyes, I’m the Human Torch if he was stuck on the sun, I'm the Joker before he was Heath Ledger, I’m Lex Luthor if he was broke, I’m Deadpool the way they played him in the end of the Wolverine movie...basically, I would suck.

So I continue to use my one superpower…and this is only the first issue.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.