Friday, October 23, 2009

ClaimMe

Right now I’m feeling “lost”. Not the kind of “lost” as in I don’t know where I am and where I’m going.
But more a “lost” where I’m just not attached to something or someone in particular.
The kind of “lost” where I feel I’m getting suffocated by all the misplaced agendas, forgotten pencil cases and a bunch of other random materials stacked on top of me. See, I’m lost…and I haven’t been found yet.
So I got to thinking that everything that has been loaded onto my shoulders in this hubbub of commotion we call life is there for a reason. The agenda keeps telling me that my plans haven’t gone in order and I need to just slow down and take it one step at a time. The pencil case is there taunting me, wagging pens in my face, because I have no one to write about and it’s eating me up inside. And so is the lost lunch that’s been there since June of last year…

So now I’m just thinking to myself…the thing I want most in life is not that hard.

I’m looking for somebody to claim me!
Someone that would just find me and never let me out of their sight…like a stalker or a kidnapper.
Well, not really. But I thought I’d just point how scary that would be.

I want somebody to claim me!
Maybe just one person that would just stand up and say “That’s my boyfriend reading that poem!”
But then that would be all sorts of awkward wouldn’t it?

Okay, I got it!
I just want somebody to claim me!
Not as a prize that I don’t deserve to be but...just as a new discovery.
I want someone to rise up and place that flag in my soul, proving that they were the first ones to have made that epic quest to discover who I really am beyond the pointy edges, the intimidating exterior and the temperamental weather.
They weathered it all…and for what? For nothing but my sincerest and heartfelt “Thank you”s.
One person that listened to every random thing that’s ever come from my mouth…because honestly, it gets pretty hard to keep up. Like…how many guys talk about polkadotted panda bears and eating Popeye’s biscuits on the Millennium Falcon…or even wishing they were the 5th member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles…or just a ninja in general. Because ninja’s are cool and I really think that they should have beaten the Spartan on Deadliest Warrior. But I digress.

I want somebody to claim me!
To reach in and pull me out of this abyss of nonchalant existence and show me a different view of life. I want somebody to take me out of my Batcave and show me the light of the sun…or maybe just substitute that with her smile, either way works for me. I want somebody to take this weight off my shoulders and introduce me to the freedom of free air. I want somebody to be my inspiration, not just a person that’s there. What I’m trying to say is…

I WANT SOMEBODY TO CLAIM ME!

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.