Monday, October 19, 2009

LoveLetters

I spend all day writing love letters.
I spend all day reading poems, stories and even watching sappy sitcoms…I even write essays for her.
Everything I do is with her in my mind. I…I just can’t help it.

But the thing is…I don’t even think she likes me back.
Since she’s always avoiding me and all…she even runs away from me sometimes.
I can’t hold onto her and she always disappears and escapes.
But that’s all on me.

Everybody always tells me to pay attention. But I was too busy with my tunnel vision

that I missed the bigger picture…and she’s quite the fickle mistress.
And with little warning on her behalf, she would test the reaches of my devotion...
Just a little mistake and she starts going off on a tangent.
One wrong answer and she’d have me taking ten steps back.
She’s so multi faceted and complex, I can never fully understand what she whispers to me.
But I keep listening…I keep trying to understand every little thing she presents to me.
I want to get to know her…but knowing her is a crash course in knowing everything.
And nothing is ever concrete when she’s involved…walking alongside her is like holding hands with air and walking on Jell-O. Nice…orange…flavored Jell-O.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem with commitment, but too many times…
I’ve been tempted to give up on her, telling myself it’s all not worth it.
So I look for the easy way out. Looking for something much less difficult, trying to take a shortcut.
I’ll admit *sigh* I’ve been tempted to cheat once or twice…three times…so many times I’ve lost count.
But I’d never do that to her. I love her too much. And that wouldn’t be fair to either of us.

The thing is, I need her in my life…because without her, my life would be so empty and useless. My future would just be one monotone scene from a long forgotten movie whose ending didn’t really matter.

So I spend all day writing my own version of love letters because I’m a love drunk fool.
See, our relationship can’t even be defined as your everyday boyfriend/girlfriend couple.
It’s a lifetime commitment…but we’re not married.
So if it’s not called marriage and we’re more than just a couple, what are we?

I’ll tell you just that. Me and my girlfriend go by the name EPISTEMOLOGY.
Because I’m in love with wisdom. And she has been there my whole life…I just needed to open my eyes.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.