Thursday, April 21, 2011

S.A.R.A.H.

She makes me feel alive.
Like her presence force-fed me magnets
So my blood would thrum with electric currents when she passes by.
I’m an electron to her nucleus
I need to be around her.
But even magnetic fields paired with gravity
Can’t explain why I’m so attracted.

But I could.
Her footsteps make floorboards jump for joy
Like concrete foundations were trampolines for adolescent fantasies.
She makes me wish I were a better person.
Makes me think I know what God is like.
On the inside.
Like my skeleton was a crucifix
And my goosebumps were rosary beads
So I laugh when they say that love is blind.
Because if that’s the case, then my heart is a seeing eye dog
And my poems are prayers in Braille
Just to make it as easy as possible
For my sonar heartbeat to find yours.

I’m looking…for S.A.R.A.H.
Someone As Real As Her.

She’s a near death experience every time I look into her eyes.
Split second flashbacks of grainy home movies.
From first date, to wedding day,
To when our grandchildren graduate.
Projected onto the ceilings of cumulonimbus clouds
So they could never rain on our parade.
You could lead the marching band
Trumpets announcing your arrival
And the drums beat to a pace my heart set years ago
You conduct them with the sway of your stride
Like your hips were a metronome
So I could keep time and hold forever in my arms
While seconds slip away between the hands of my clock.
Time’s ticking.

But I’m still looking for S.A.R.A.H.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.