Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SticksAndStones

They say sticks and stones
May break your bones
But words can never hurt you.
But what am I supposed to do
When your tongue lashes like whips
Against the torture rack your lips turned out to be?
And the words I never said are the ones that hurt the most.

Like…
I love you.
I miss you.

And my legs rattle like earthquakes
Wrestling with hurricanes
Afraid of what’s going to happen next.
Cold sweat drips in beads
Like machine guns unloading bullets
In a point for list of everything I didn’t do.

And those sticks and stones
Are the words I never wanted to hear from you.
So I tell myself…
…those sticks and stones
…wouldn’t have been so bad after all.

There’s no emergency room
For a collection of scars
From should have’s
And could have’s
And would have’s.
So I’m left with notebooks
And dried out pens as painkillers.

While your words form balled fists
In the pregnant silences they left behind.
Growing lives of their own.
Until the walls start to tell stories
Of scuffed knees
And actions stitched together with good intentions.

And in the end…
Those sticks and stones.
Are just sticks and stones.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.