Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ZombieApocalypsesAndConsciences

I am legend.
And my biography was written by George A. Romero.
I’m Leon Kennedy
And my conscience is a zombie.

That I’ve already Left4Dead
For telling me every good thought had a right to live.
But 28 days later I see the dead rising
Like Lazarus but I’ve already been crucified
With my arms spread wide in acceptance
In an attempt to embrace my conscience.
Telling me I want a real relationship
When society dictates that I only want brains…

Treating good intentions like a virus
Coursing through my veins
Blaming the angel on my shoulder
For what he did to me.
Now I’m looking for a cure
When he’s already put me on quarantine
So I couldn’t hurt anybody else.

I’m a dead man walking through the devil’s playground
Homeless…because I already burned down the house
With a thousand corpses of the bad decisions I’ve made
Trying to evacuate the resident evil.
While I Rob-bed zombies of their identities
So I could feel a little bit better about myself.
With ups and downs on the seesaw
Manipulating games for entertainment
Like the blueprint for Jigsaw.

I hide behind a mask
And pretend it was Halloween.
Because it’s on nights like this
When living with the living dead feels like the better option
And a dance with the devil turns into Thriller.
See my family’s always been religious
But I accepted my demons with open arms.
Stripped decency and bare skin
Like rotting flesh because nowadays
I can’t live with myself.

And my conscience keeps coming back
Just to tell me that I’m not the same anymore.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.