Sunday, December 20, 2009

IWasTryingToWriteAPoem

Now this poem ain’t complicated to any extent, because all I did was try to write a poem.
See, I was trying to write a poem that was better than anything I’ve ever written before…I tried to write something different. I wanted to give life to something more than just another love poem like every piece I’ve already performed.
I was trying to write a poem beyond all the lines you would probably expect from me by now like...
“Girl, you are so beautiful. You’re so attractive you make my jaw drop all the way to floor tiles and I end up mopping them with my drool…then my mouth snaps back shut just so I could bite my tongue, prolonging the feeling of my heart telling me I could never have you. At the same time my eyes pop out of eyelids and sockets reminiscent of Loony Toons while I’m singing the same loony tunes about the feeling of true love like it was the first time all over again.”
But then that’s just what I always do…so I decided to try something else.

Then, I was trying to write a poem about what I think about on a daily basis.
Until I realized how difficult that was because it would have been complete nonsense to all of you…and I mean all of you. Don’t believe me? Here’s what it might have been like…
“In a daydream of epic proportions, unconscious thoughts extend from hopes and dreams that I wish for while wishing for genies in lava lamps. It starts through slits in masks I sneak through hallways of intergalactic spaceships in search of polkadotted purple panda bears and little green men named Yoda. With the steady measured pace of awesome ninja skills and unnecessary uses of grappling hooks and shuriken, I run into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles asking if they can chill, and I say ‘sure you can’.”
Like I said…it’s a random assortment of random thoughts, so I thought it wasn’t such a good idea.

Soon enough I was trying to write a poem using my iTunes as a guide. But then that ended up as just me trying to relate random titles together to make a love story out of band names and wordplay, like…
“It’s a known fact that most Boys Like Girls. You and I, were like The Cool Kidz In The Hall in Kooley High sharing affection like blunts in search of an Epik High while we watched Japanese Cartoons. But I’ve reached an All-Time Low, as A Fire Inside our Matchbook Romance starts to Wayne…Lil by little because clearly we were never ‘N Sync. All of a sudden, to you I’m an OutKast labeled Public Enemy number one and this Fiasco begins to Usher a Brand New circus of Factz as I realize we had nothing in Common. Taking a ride in a Death Cab just for a Cutie listening to Musiq has left me slightly Disturbed and Dumbfoundead, trying to understand why I participated in the Ludacris act in the first place. My Chemical Romance has left me wishing on Planes I’ve Mistaken For Stars hoping this Dashboard Confessional is carried to Angels by Airwaves. Trying to escape bad memories I hop on Jets to Brazil to meet with my Cobra Starship, with A New Found Glory In search of a Wonder Girl. And on my journey I learned that Pretty Girls Make Graves, so the next time I see her, I bid her a ‘Hellogoodbye’.”
But I doubt any of that made actual sense…

So in the end, here I am. With a poem about writing poems…but in the end I came up with this short haiku right here and it goes a little something like…

“No more love pieces.
Because I’ve written too much.
I like bananas.”

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.