Friday, June 10, 2011

SpokenWordArtistsAreALotLikeStrippers

We stand in front of strangers

And bare everything we hide from everybody else.
So you can judge every angle of my soul
While I open my arms so you could see
Every scar in the space between my fingertips.

We spend minutes on stage that feel like years…
Naked like the day we were created.
Before we figured out how to hide our emotions
When that snake told us we were too special to feel anything.
And that forbidden fruit is still caught in our throats…
I’ve just been trying to get it out.

See…most people only take all of their clothes off
With people they’re comfortable with.
The same goes for secrets.
But we do both on a regular basis
Because that’s what we’ve started to rely on
to get us through our tough times.

So we won’t judge you.
Until we’ve seen everything
under that facade you show the world.
Because we know just what it feels like
To stand in front of people we will never know…
That will judge us.
Based on that one window in time
When we stood on that stage and showed them everything.

0 comment(s):

What's really good.

Welcome to the home of Paragraphs from a Polkadotted Purple Panda! Here you will find any work I feel like sharing, which will range from anything art related. One day I might feel like writing a poem (which is most days), then another I might feel like recording a song and putting it up. On this page, you will see poetry, songs, graphic designs, and any other form of art I am capable of, so enjoy the read and be sure to tell me what you think! I'll be doing my best to upload something new every few days by the latest, but be sure to stick around and watch my story unfold.